Tuesday, August 02, 2005

FEELINGS OF ACCOMPLISHMENT!

I guess the Spin-In at Susan's house jump started my energy towards finishing up a bunch of projects that have been sitting on the bobbins for months- either that, or it was the necessity of getting those projects done to free up the bobbins for the new stash I bought at her place! So...I have one mini-skein sample of 2 ply in Rose from a Romney/Columbia fleece that I bought last year, a wonderful skein of Mohair, silk and Merino in various shades of lavender and cream that was supposed to be finished last Christmas to become a Moebius scarf present for my best friend (oops, sorry Becky!), and the skein of Alpaca/Merino in Dusty Rose that I finished at Susan's over the weekend. I also wound off a confetti colored Merino skein intended for toddler socks as well as another skein of self-striping Merino also intended for toddler socks.

I am so delighted with the bouncy, lofty quality of the merino skeins - so soft and so fluffy - I can't wait to get them on the needles! The Mohair/silk skein is so lustrous that I can't wait to see how it knits up. The only two projects left on the bobbins from months past are one partially filled bobbin of 100 percent silk in deep tones of navy, teal, aqua and white, and a bobbin with more brightly multi-colored merino singles for more kids' socks! I had all these skeins drying in my kitchen, hanging off the baker's rack and various other places, but Stephen kept trying to pull them down to play. After some thought, I remembered this great, display stand that I bought from a craft store that was going out of business. I intended to use it for the Fetching Fashions vendor booth, but it seems custom made for hanging up the skeins. So...here is a picture of the skeins shimmering in the sun on our back deck, safe from little hands until they are dry!

After plying, washing, setting twist, blotting and hanging the skeins to dry , I finally gave myself permission to start spinning a new fiber I bought at Susan's that promises to become one of my favorites - Camel Down. It spins like a hot knife through butter and is as soft as Cashmere - the color is rich and I am already thinking about how nice a luxurious pair of gloves would be made from this stuff! Hmmm - someone's Christmas stocking will get lucky this year!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a spinning goddess! Those skeins are gorgeous.

Lissa

Daniela said...

Hey Lissa!
Must be that Lendrum that makes us ALL spinning goddesses! I LOVED the singles you were spinning at Susan's!!!
-D